Taylor-Dunn’s BIGFOOT, is available in 48 Volt AC Power Drive. And NOW the BIGFOOT has the battery option for Lithium Ion battery!
The Bigfoot offers a large operator’s compartment, tilted steering, and sliding adjustable seats, which increases legroom and reduces operator fatigue. Additional standard features include our GT Drive system, AC power, Smart View Display, hydraulic disc brakes, recessed tie-downs, 12 gauge smooth skin, unitized steel body, DC/DC converter and a heavy duty all gear drive train that ensures reliability and low maintenance costs. Take advantage of built-in safety elements, which include emergency cut-off switch, hand-operated parking brake, reverse alarm, electric horn, non-skid texture coated floor, headlights, taillights, and brakelights.
The Big Foot is available in two voltage options:
- 48V AC (Model No. B5-440-48)
- Lithium Ion (Li-ion)
Lithium Ion Advantage
With leading edge, OEM designed and integrated, Li-ion-powered electric powertrain, the all-new Tiger and Bigfoot models maximize the benefits and reliability of the technology, from the operator controls to the rubber that meets the ground. Li-ion power integrated this way further enhances productivity in cargo towing and material handling with increased uptime and performance power, while lowering an operation’s overall carbon footprint and total cost of ownership.
- Sustainability – The Tiger Li-ion and Bigfoot Li-ion are all-electric vehicles, which eliminates unnecessary emissions caused by traditional combustion vehicles. Zero tailpipe emissions help achieve sustainability goals and carbon offsets.
- Safety – Vehicle electrification facilitates the ability to offer smart technology like the patent-pending anti-rollover system exclusive to Tiger tow tractors and programmable acceleration and speed. This technology allows users to improve their operations while exceeding traditional safety standards.
- Battery Life and Health – Advanced Li-ion batteries provide at least 3,000 cycles and the greatest efficiency without power loss (maintains speed and acceleration, even when climbing hills) as the battery charge depletes. An integrated battery management system protects the battery and allows for safe operation, maximizing the battery’s longevity by accurately monitoring charging profiles, levels and performance and managing overall battery health under every condition for performance and safety.
- Charging Infrastructure Optional – Multiple charging options include a standard 110V outlet, which eliminates that barrier to EV adoption and reduces the costs of specific charging infrastructures. The batteries also can use 220V single-phase outlets (like electric cars) and for fast charging, smart industrial chargers are ideal.
- Zero Battery Maintenance – Li-ion batteries allow for opportunity charging – charge them anytime, for any duration to partially charge or top-off without negatively impacting the battery – eliminating inconvenient charging parameters. Li-ion batteries also don’t require posts to be cleaned or fluid to be monitored or added, making them much more reliable.
- Range & Efficiency – All-day and multi-day operation is now possible for high use applications. Li-ion power provides vehicles with increased uptime between charges which means more run time and less charge time.
- Compact and Powerful –Li-ion batteries pack more power and are half the weight of flooded lead-acid and AGM batteries, ensuring consistent control, speed and acceleration.
- Cold Weather Performance – Due to the nature of flooded lead-acid batteries, users can experience up to a 50 percent decrease in battery life in cold weather temperatures. While cold weather has a negative effect on all batteries, Li-ion batteries aren’t as affected. The Tiger Li-ion tow tractor also has a higher kWh solution with a heated charger to further extend the temperature ranges for charging the batteries.
- Total Cost of Ownership and ROI – Li-ion batteries last significantly longer than flooded lead-acid or AGM batteries – up to five times as long – contributing to a lower total cost of ownership (TCO). In addition to the longer battery life, Li-ion vehicles save significant money and time because there aren’t ongoing costs – routine maintenance, install labor, annual battery replacements, and opportunity costs. Customers that purchase Tiger Li-ion tow tractors could see annual savings of up to 80 percent compared to traditional fuel tractors. And customers purchasing Bigfoot Li-ion utility vehicles could see more than $10,000 in battery lifetime savings. For customers looking to maximize their uptime, lower TCO and improve ROI, Li-ion is the optimal choice.
Taylor-Dunn's 48V Big Foot (Model No. B5-440-48) is an ergonomic electric utility vehicle for indoor/outdoor use.
- 48 volt electric
- Speed up to 12 mph
- Range up to 40 miles Lithium has up to 50 mile range
- Load capacity of 3,000 pounds
- Tow capacity of 7,500 pounds
- 2-4 person capacity
PERFORMANCELOAD CAPACITY 3,000 lb 1360 kg
MAX SPEED (UNLOADED) 12 mph 19 km/h
TURNING RADIUS 137 in 348 cm
TOW CAPACITY 7,500 lb 3400 kg
DIMENSIONSOVERALL LENGTH 130.5 in 332 cm
OVERALL WIDTH 44 in 112 cm
HEIGHT (with cab) 51.5 in (73 in) 131 cm (185 cm)
WHEEL BASE 62 in 158 cm
GROUND CLEARANCE 5.5 in 14 cm
BED SIZE 44 x 77 in 112 x 196 cm
POWER SUPPLY / DRIVE TRAIN SYSTEMVOLTAGE 48 volt configuration
MOTOR 48V: 12.5 hp, 9.5 kW AC
DRIVE AXLE Helical gear, oil bath transaxle, GT automotive differential
BATTERIES Eight (8) 210 amp-hour, lead acid, 6 volt
CHARGER Built-in, 48V, 115 VAC/60 Hz, 1kW with interlock,
CONTROLLER Solid state self diagnostic AC speed controller
TIRES Four (4) 5.70 x 8, load range C, pneumatic
FRAME Fully welded, unitized, 12 gauge, smooth skin steel body
STEERING Rack and pinion SUSPENSION Multi-leaf springs, front and rear
BRAKES Rear hydraulic disc brakes with hand-operated parking brake
BUMPERS Heavy duty steel integrated front & rear
GENERALUNIT WEIGHT 48V: 1565 lb (710 kg)
SEATS Black adjustable bucket seats, driver’s seat electrical interlock, 2 person
INSTRUMENTATION Smart View Display: (battery status indicator, hour meter, fault code display), reverse buzzer, F-N-R switch, key switch, light switch, high/low speed switch, emergency power cut-off switch, DC/DC converter, dual USB port, electric horn
LIGHT ACCESSORIES Dual LED headlights, taillights and brake lights (Halogen headlights with deluxe cab)
CONFORMANCE Type E OSHA 1910.178, ANSI B56.8
- FOLD-AWAY SEATS
- STAKE SIDES
- LADDER RACK
- PORTABLE CHARGER
- STROBE LIGHT
- DIAMOND PLATE DECK
- ALUMINUM DROP-DOWN SIDES
- ECONO CAB & VINYL DOORS
- MID-RANGE CAB W/ STEEL DOORS
- DELUXE CAB W/ STEEL DOORS
- LOCKABLE CARGO BOX
- LIFT-OUT BATTERY BOX
- BATTERY WATERING SYSTEM
- FRONT DISC BRAKES
- VARIOUS HITCHES
- GALVANIZED FRAME
- OPTIONAL PAINT COLORS